Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Crafts

Merry Christmas!  It's tough blogging about Christmas gifts because I don't want to give anything away to my family... so instead, here are the gifts I made last year!

Felt snowflake ornaments
I pinned a tutorial for felt ornaments courtesy of Purl Bee and thought I'd try it for my family gifts.  Besides a few mechanical problems (don't we all have love-hate relationships with our sewing machine?) it all turned out well.  The instructions were easy to follow and I got the fabric on a super sale on Black Friday from JoAnn's Fabrics.  Win!





I played around with it a little, too.  Here are a few mittens...



And a jolly Ho Ho, just for Santa!  I planned to make several worded ornaments, but they were time- and patience-intensive.  So I opted for more straight lines instead.  :-)


Christmas pin Advent calendar
One of my good friends has a Christmas pin for each day of December, and I thought it was high time she had a nice way to display them.  I had enough fabric left over from my ornament project, so it just took a little extra time and two dowel rods.  I wanted it to be easy to hang, so I sewed in a rod at the top (for the ribbon used to hang it) and at the bottom (to weight it down).  I sewed a reverse side to add a little interest.


I also made some baked goodies for my co-workers and friends.  This year I made chocolate-covered Oreo pops instead (inspired from here and here).  Yummy!!  What do you give for Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. I have had my felt snowflake you made me hanging on a cabinet door for....a whole year now. I never put it away, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute! I saw that pin too, but thought I'd better make nicer friends with my machine before attempting them! Maybe by next Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. Won't you leave one?